Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Comments

• FlattyFlatty admin
    Cocheco river this past Sunday :-)
  • Beautiful fish! I love fishing.
    Flatty
  • SummerSummer -
    edited December 2016
    @Flatty As a teenager, if it hadn't been for my brother teaching me how to catch fish, clean them, and prepare them for dinner, I would have never known how!  Those were some days.  :)
    Flatty
  • FlattyFlatty admin
    some said:
    nice fish!
    Right back atcha!! I see the whisker shot too! Lol
  • Now that's a catch!  lol
  • I'm a salt water guy but fishing is fishing and always challenging and fun. Nice fish.
    Flatty
  • Wow! What sort of fish is that, Some?

I'm a saltwater fisherman and don't know much about freshwater fish - although I'm pretty sure Flatty's fish is a trout and not a flathead. Is yours a carp, maybe?
  • edited November 2016
    This maybe weird for me to ask here because I'm from Canada, but ever consider or even try "ice fishing" ? Pretty sure the top one a rainbow trout, quite beautiful and real nice size, excellent subject matter for oil painting, the other very nice "large mouth" bass weighing 5 lbs. ? Awesome! I really miss fishing.
    Flatty
  • edited November 2016
    oh nice!! rainbow trout fresh from the water, butter, salt, a roll of good foil and a campfire... now that's just my style!
    FlattyForgiveness
  • Mark said:
    This maybe weird for me to ask here because I'm from Canada, but ever consider or even try "ice fishing" ? Pretty sure the top one a rainbow trout, quite beautiful and real nice size, excellent subject matter for oil painting, the other very nice "large mouth" bass weighing 5 lbs. ? Awesome! I really miss fishing.
    @Mark...Actually, it's a smallmouth. From the Quabbin res in Mass. Caught some bigger than that one last year. Pics of those are on my wife's phone. .. :) As for me, lake trout is my fav. Less bones. Pics of those are on my wife's phone too... ...Been Ice fishing. Not for me. I watched my cousin chase his lawn chair for over an hour in the wind on a very slippery frozen lake. Little bitty steps he took. Like watching a comedy show. Every time he got close to it, a gust would take it away. I guess the chair was worth it. When he got back I said "it's too cold, let's go home". That was my last day of that. I'll watch others ice fish through the window holding my hot coffee and with slippers on my feet.
    NanaBean
  • Flatty said:
    ..on a Phoebe....
  • FlattyFlatty admin
    some said:
    Flatty said:
    ..on a Phoebe....

Nope. Small 9/3 smelt pattern
  • @some thank you, nice pics, and both real nice catch. Lake trout is one my most favourite too for the same reasons, small mouth bass/ large mouth sometimes difficult to distinguish from photos, much appreciated. The very first fish I caught, I was only 10-12 years old, with my father, I was just a small child, not weighing too much, summertime and caught a 5 lbs. large mouth, I could barely handle it. I wasn't afraid at all, I just didn't know how to handle it alone, my father helped me to bring it in successfully, he was completely blown away, so happy for me. I also recall the main difference between large mouth and small mouth bass is the colour. Never been ice fishing myself but been close enough to people who have, it's an adventure in itself if you are strong enough and have enough experience and impeccable preparedness. Thank you, again.
  • Ice fishing? I tried it once but before I could even finish cutting my hole the Galleria security guards chased me away.
    NanaBean
  • I shared this story with my father yesterday, not knowing if he would remember, but he did recall this occasion from a long time ago, got him in his sweetest spot and we laughed. He was amazed that I remembered so many great details so well, and I assured him that could never forget such a fantastic and joyous occasion. Who could ever forget catching 5 lbs. large mouth bass for their very first catch! I was 11-12 years old at that time. So grateful that he was there for me for that. Thank you so much for this everyone!
    Flatty