Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Immortalize a favorite painting or two.

Folks.  Have any of you thought about immortalizing some of your paintings as a postage stamp?  I just tried it today with a painting of mine that I never intend to sell.  What do you think?
FlattyIrishcajun

Comments

• Summer

I think this is a great idea. 

At stamp size the image needs to have good contrast. Your background is too strong. The shoe looks like a stuck on shadow shape until enlarged. Dog seems out of proportion to shoe?

Denis

• SummerSummer -
    edited November 2016
    Denis.  Thanks for commenting.  Yes, it was the stamp idea I was trying to convey more than my painting as a stamp.  There might be a follow-up after I receive the stamps in the next 10 days or so.  I hope someone else here will try this idea and show us the results.  Summer 
  • Thanks for posting this Summer.  I've actually thought about this.  I'll check it out.
    Summer
  • SummerSummer -
    edited January 9
    Well folks, here is a little feedback on my experience sending an image of one of my paintings to be printed as a postage stamp.  Really weird experience. I bought two sheets.  I received my order and love the stamps.  Then I noticed that they refunded my money.  I'm puzzled.   :/
  • dencaldencal -
    edited January 2
    Summer

Sounds like they have your stamp of approval :3
    What's not to like?

Denis
    Summer
  • SummerSummer -
    edited January 2
    @dencal ; Denis.  Yeah.  My husband said that they're probably thinking about using it in an advertising campaign as it isn't copyrighted.  Hmm.  Summer 
  • Summer

That's a doggedly sneakery thing for them to do :o

Denis

SummerIrishcajun
  • Sorry about this reply to an old thread, but Summer, your work is covered by copyright even if the "notice" is not on it. Copyright in the US (and most modern countries) begins with the creation of the painting (story, song, symphony, etc) and lasts for the life of the creator + 50 years.
    Summer
  • @Weatherford ; Am I glad that you read old threads.  This is a game changer for me.  Thanks.  I thought that I had to put a copyright notice across a large portion of each painting that I posted online.  :)  Summer
  • @summer your Idea is smart enougt to draw on canvas but you have to keen at every minute details.

Summer
  • hello, @Summer , you always keep the copyright to your pictures! as a matter of fact your client would have to pay you for every item he puts it on. i had the case with a drawing i did for specific purpose. later i found out that the client also put prominently on the cover of their catalogue (25 000 copies!) i did cost them a handsome sum! just sayin' tomas
    PaulBSummer
  • aslampolo said:

@summer your Idea is smart enougt to draw on canvas but you have to keen at every minute details.

Thank you for reminding me to attend to the details.  I have been working on that--even with a jewelers loop at times.  Summer