Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Fonts

Having a wee bit of trouble making pdf files of some of the threads to my desktop lately.  No problem before you updated system.  I have installed on my windows 10 a font called "Segoe UI Symbol" - notice the spacing between words - but for some reason your system is calling it "SegoeUISymbol" - notice no spacing between words.  I believe this is causing a conflict and may be the reason that I haven't been able to create Adobe PDF files as of late.  Any ideas???  Anyone else having trouble making PDF files of threads?  I believe if the spacing were added to the name of the font, the problem may be resolved.  Worth a try, anyway.  Thanks so much.  Summer

Comments

• Summer - I am very curious about why you make pdf files of threads, Summer. ??
    Hello David.  Isn't everybody?  Some threads and posts are directly related to my painting.  I keep those.  I guess the possibility of an internet meltdown is always in the back of my mind.  Summer  
    Kingston
  • SummerSummer -
    edited September 2016
    @Kingston ; What is it that you disagree with exactly?  The font or internet meltdown issue?  I'd be glad to defend my stance.  Summer
  • @Kingston:  In defense of the internet meltdown here is the problem.  I couldn't say it better myself:

http://www.hoover.org/research/tricky-issue-severing-us-control-over-icann

Here is Obama's solution: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/17/internet-two-months-left-obama-gives-control-dictators/

I just like being prepared.  Summer
  • saving the ephemeral is excessive  The internet isn't going to break down and if it did you'd have a lot more to worry about. 
    some
  • SummerSummer -
    edited September 2016
    Kingston said:
    saving the ephemeral is excessive  The internet isn't going to break down and if it did you'd have a lot more to worry about. 
    LOL - Can't wait for this post to wither on the vine. 

You are implying that I am saying/doing things that I am not.   It goes without saying that I'd have a lot more to worry about if the internet had a meltdown, but not as much as some.  I do not save the ephemeral parts of DMP, just the relevant parts of them, and I also agree with you that it would be excessive if I did.  I'm sure we've all had the experience of trying to access something we've seen or read on the internet only to find that it wasn't there anymore: websites, videos, links of all kinds.  Even on DMP, people, posts, and threads are changed and sometimes removed for various reasons.  When my memory fails me and I need to check a fact, I like to make sure that I have access to the data.  And, I'm not the first to discover this.  That's why pdf programs were developed--at least one of the reasons.  That said, that's why I make Adobe PDF files of the things that are relevant to me.  Over the years, I've learned the hard way that the internet is fragile in the ways of certainty and longevity.

By the way, since I started this thread, I have discovered a workaround for the Adobe pdf jam if anyone is interested in saving certain DMP threads using this format.    Summer 
  • SummerSummer -
    edited September 2016
    @davidwwilson ;  As an afterthought, I also do a print screens (Print Scrn) of the paintings on DMP, crop, and save them in .jpg format to a file I call DMP paintings.  These are paintings that I simply adore painted by Mark and his family and DMP members.  I'm glad that I started doing this early on because some are no longer available on DMP.  I framed one painted by @oilpainter1950 after using a giclée process on my inkjet printer .  I even have one that @dencal painted of @Kingston that I also treasure for obvious reasons.  I like to use several by @EstherH as Desktop Background on my computer.  Call me what you will, but I'm having fun and painting again, myself, since I joined DMP.  I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one doing these things because I'm just using the tools available to us all.  And it takes seconds to minutes to accomplish a few times a week.  Just saying.  Summer 
    dencal
  • Summer

How could Kingston possibly object now?

BTW that portrait now has a second edition. I'll post shortly when varnished.

Denis

Summer
  • dencal said:
    Summer

How could Kingston possibly object now?

BTW that portrait now has a second edition. I'll post shortly when varnished.

Denis

Looking forward to it.