Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Hey there from Shirley!

There are so many new people coming to the forum I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Shirley Seput and I live in the San Francisco Bay area.
I stumbled across Mark's DVD lesson while browsing the internet in July of 2008. It was exactly what I was looking for so I bought it. I had begun painting in oils about 3 months prior. There is a local Art Studio that offers painting classes so I signed up for a class that met once a week for 2 hrs. I was eager for more detailed instruction and that is how I found Mark. When my DVD arrived I watched it over and over and over. I followed every detail I possibly could in setting up my work space, I got all my supplies together and the journey began... I was so excited to start painting. I did not even know there was a forum until I got the instructions in the DVD. I joined the forum and found a wonderful group of friends there.
I have had an exciting time learning to paint and can't wait to see what comes next.
I had the pleasure of meeting some of the forum members and I can assure you they are just as awesome in person as they come across in the forum. I found Mark to be down to earth and probably the most unpretentious man I ever met.
This is a wondful place to learn and I am grateful to be a part of it!
All of the paintings on my website are done using Mark's suggestions. With his help I have found my own style and will continue to grow as an artist.
Warmly, Shirley