Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Email SCAM alert!!!

Ok word of warning to my fellow artists! I received an email last week from a man who was asking to buy one of my paintings. He didn't say where he saw my art and it wasn't quite right. The wording was not correct but it left me an uneasy feeling. He wanted to know if it was still for sale and how to go about purchasing it. I responded telling him it was for sale, the price, and that I would only accept PayPal payment and I would have to have the money before I shipped. I asked where it would be shipped so I could figure the cost and I also asked where he saw my art. Here is his response:Thanks for letting me know that it is available, I can't remember where precisely I saw your artwork because I visited few sites and blogs, I wish to have these works. I'm interested in the immediate purchase, could you send me your full name as you want it written on a check, your mailing information and your phone number so that I can have a check cut out to you. You don't have to worry about shipment,my mover will arrange pick-up after payment has been settled and also handle the parking. I hope this goes well with you."
PLEASE be aware of this type of scam! It is a scam. As you can tell he wants to send a check not use PayPal, will have his 'mover' pick up my work so there is I have no address. I have been told it isn't even my art (sadly) they are after but my bank account info. I'm not fraud savvy but somehow they can get your info this way. So please be aware and be safe!!
jswartzartKaustavdauntlessErika_wakirestudioSummeranwesha

Comments

• It's a shame these people can't work as hard at something legal as they do at figuring out how to steal from others.
  • Yeah, it's a shame. It's everywhere these days. t's got so I never respond to emails unless I know who they're from.
  • I went through this several months ago.  I strung him along as long as I could before he jumped off the hook.  Like you, I realized right away it was a scam, so I decided torture was in order.  I kept upping the price and the amount he wanted me to send back with "his mover."  I changed pick-up points several times, and I thin once I insisted to be paid in Rubles.  He finally limped away bleeding and mumbling.  In another similar scam, I finally convinced my scammer I was being held against my will and would he please send escape money.  It gets to be fun if you can recognize what is happening because you can play on their greed and lead them around by the nose until they get confused keeping up with their lies.
    Summerdauntless
  • Phishers do so by sending e-mails that are designed to collect an individual's sensitive information. To make phishing messages look like they are genuinely from a well-known company, they include company logos and other identifying information taken directly from real company's website. The victim receives an e-mail that appears to have been sent by a known contact or organization. The fake email conveniently includes a link you can click on to resolve the problem which you're told you need to do. These e-mails are clever fake and the information you provide goes straight to the crooks behind the scam. Because these e-mails look like from legitimate companies and victim trust them and enter their personal information.