Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Comments

• Still trying to post 
  • David, the posts above took 10 minutes, wasn't able to type a comment with the photos. Don't know why?? 
    The Dog is a commission, 16" x 22" on a board. don't like it but client loves it. ( go figure ) 
    the  geese are 20" x 30" on canvas. Can't figure out how to save it. Any ideas ?
     Haven't been able to go to Apple yet to find out what's wrong . This is the best I can do at this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
    edited March 2016
    billj said:
    David, the posts above took 10 minutes, wasn't able to type a comment with the photos. Don't know why?? 

As far as commenting with the image, the simplest workaround for you is to simply post the image, then reply to it (as you did in this discussion) and add your comment in the reply instead of in the original post. It's not ideal, but since you already know how to do it, that's what I would recommend until you can have someone help you in person. 

The reason your images are taking 10 minutes to upload is because they're high quality, uncompressed, high resolution files. In addition, you may have a slow wifi connection or you may not even have your phone connected to wifi.

I think you will find it difficult to compress the images properly, but here is a relatively easy alternative: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/simple-resize/id327776379?mt=8

Use that app on images to resize them on your phone before uploading to the forum. If you make an image 10% the original size, it will probably upload in 1 minute instead of 10. For you, when posting to this forum, I recommend making the width of your images about 700px wide (that's about as big as the forum will display an image in a post anyway). Try it out and see if this solution works for you.

billj said:
    the  geese are 20" x 30" on canvas. Can't figure out how to save it. Any ideas ?
    I don't know what you mean.
  • David, I understand all that you said. I've be posting with a comment for about 3 years, so the problem must be with my phone. Never thought it was the Forums problem.just thought there a chance you would wave your magic wand and my problems would be solved. ;) I haven't had a chance to go to apple to find out what's wrong.
    Thank you for your patience and all your help. Bill