Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Last commission

Still can't post a photo. Don't understand why. Then sending photos to clients no problem. I'll just keep trying to figure it out. Thanks 

Comments

•  This $900 phone types whatever it wants. Been sending photos not then sending photos  :/
  • Sounds like you've been hacked or have a bug or something.  I'd re-format the phone--which I've had to do in the past.  Now I'm very careful where I get my programs from and where I visit when I'm using the phone.  There should be a service part on your phone that will walk you through how to do it.   :)   
  • Summer said:
    Sounds like you've been hacked or have a bug or something.  I'd re-format the phone--which I've had to do in the past.  Now I'm very careful where I get my programs from and where I visit when I'm using the phone.  There should be a service part on your phone that will walk you through how to do it.   :)   
    @Summer No, that's almost certainly not it, and I would NOT try to reformat your phone, Bill.

@billj Get some in-person tech support. I'm sure I could help if I was there, but I'm not — you can either go to the store you purchased the phone from, or ask a tech-savvy relative to give it a shot. If it's not working now, it's not going to suddenly start working if you keep trying the same thing.
    Summer
  • SummerSummer -
    edited March 2016
    Sorry to disagree with you David, but my information was verified by a tech-savvy relative in the business for decades.  I've reformatted my own phone back to the factory settings on several phones successfully.  It will be easier on Bill if someone else does it for him, but I think instructions on the phones are getting easier and easier to understand.  However, since I think Bill uses an Apple i-mac computer then he also probably has an i-phone.  None of my advice applies to i-phones because I've never used an i-phone.  I'm an Android girl. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
    edited March 2016
    Summer said:
    Sorry to disagree with you David, but my information was verified by a tech-savvy relative in the business for decades.  I've reformatted my own phone back to the factory settings on several phones successfully.  It will be easier on Bill if someone else does it for him, but I think instructions on the phones are getting easier and easier to understand.  However, since I think Bill uses an Apple i-mac computer then he also probably has an i-phone.  None of my advice applies to i-phones because I've never used an i-phone.  I'm an Android girl. :)

I'm not saying it's difficult to reformat a phone, I'm saying that it does NOT sound like he's been hacked or has a bug or something, and reformatting is almost certainly not the solution to the problem and is not without ramifications so he shouldn't be advised to do it solely based on the information "can't post photo, don't know why". I've been doing remote tech support for a long time and I've also helped Bill a few times in the past. There is a long list of FAR more likely culprits than hacks/bugs/whatever, and all the likely causes would not in any way be affected by reformatting or doing a factory reset.

Bill, if you want me to help, feel free to send an email to support@drawmixpaint.com and be sure to include what kind of phone you have, when and where you got it from, and then tell me in as much detail as possible what steps you're going through to try to post photos to the forum. The more detail the better. I may be able to help, but it might be easier to get someone to try in person as I said before.
  • SummerSummer -
    edited March 2016
    In both of my Android re-formats, it corrected the problems for me.  And I was guessing too.  I have a clearer picture of the situation now.  At this point, I agree with you that Bill needs a person knowledgeable about Apple products to assist him personally--either you or an Apple rep.  Sorry for my mis-reading of the situation Bill and David, I'm off of caffeine, you know.   :)    
  • David & Summer ( my  granddaughters name )
     I appreciate all the feedback that I'm getting from you guys so I'm going to go to Apple and find out what I'm doing  wrong if it's me or if his phone. I've been sending photos the clients every day without any problems so we'll see what they have to say ,I don't want to  take up too much of David's time I'm sure your time more valuable than mine so again thank you very much for all the help I'll let you know what Apple comes up with ,have a great day thank you 
    its an I-phone 6 plus