Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

No sound on purchased Mark Carder DVDs.

I purchased 3 DVD downloads from Draw, Mix, Paint on portraits last summer. I have recently tried to review them, but there is no longer any sound. Anybody else had this problem? Thank you, Lee.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
    edited March 2016
    @maranalee Usually artists will cut a lot of the painting process out of their videos. Mark wanted to include the ENTIRE painting process in the portrait video, which is why it's so long. There is not enough commentary (sound) for the whole video, so he decided to put all the commentary together so people who are watching the video a second time can listen to everything he has to say without going through the entire video series. There is also no music because different people like different music, so Mark just left the sound off completely (and if people want to put some music on themselves while they watch, they can).

This is how he handled the audio on the "How to Paint Realism" and the "Painting Portraits" series. In the Portrait series, at the end of the third part there is, however, a short conclusion speech that Mark gives while showing the finished painting.

After getting feedback on these videos, we realized that some people would prefer the commentary be spread out more evenly throughout the video series, but it's not something we considered when we were originally putting these together. We did take this into account with the "Painting Landscapes" video (which was filmed after the other two), and the commentary is spread out more evenly throughout that video.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thank you for your purchase!

— David

• boop1 said:
    I purchased the "How to Paint Realism" video because it said and I quote, "I make it clear exactly what I'm doing so you can follow along and do it yourself", meaning he would be speaking through out the video. If this video truly doesn't have audio and it was an error and you post that it was intentional, that's telling falsehoods!!
    I just responded to your other post on this issue, but again, we've very sorry you aren't happy with your video and did not mean to mislead anyone! I just sent you a private message so we can work this out. 
  • Just to be clear for people interested in purchasing the video, the video comes in 3 parts (all included in the purchase) and is over 4 hours long. The first two parts contain audio commentary throughout, while the third part contains audio only for the first 40 minutes. Here is the description from Vimeo for Part 3:

"2 hours and 22 minutes of step-by-step painting footage, using the finished drawing from Part 1 and the palette of colors from Part 2. All commentary is in the first 40 minutes of the video, followed by the entire painting process without additional audio."

Here is a direct link to the Part 3 description: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/realism/104231441

Hope this clears up some of the confusion!
  • Beautiful painting!!
  • FlattyFlatty admin
    Thank you Gamle:-) 

I was blown away that I could actually paint something like that. Lots to learn and enjoying every minute. Getting my ugly on for the paint challenge as we speak :-)
    Gamble_NelkinNanaBeanBoudicca
  • You can convert these DVDs to your USB then watch the converted content on your computer or other devices. And the detail converting guide is here: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-to-usb.html It can convert your DVD to MP4 or other popular formats. You can have a check.