Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Introduction

edited January 2013 in Introduce Yourself
Liz asked to know more about me in response to a note I sent to her, so I decided the best thing would be to introduce myself to everyone. Painting is new to me--haven't done anything yet. I guess I'm in what's called the research and "gearing up" stage. The only creative experience I have is woodworking and some decorative painting on furniture. I just discovered the older YouTube videos of Mark's lectures about two or three weeks ago while browsing around. I was impressed with what he had to say in spite of his rambling style of speaking. Anyway, I was eager to learn more about him and what he has to teach about painting, so I repeatedly typed his name or related tags into Google or YouTube in search for something new or previously overlooked. Less than a week ago, I noticed a suggested video on the side bar of YouTube that I hadn't seen before--it was a pleasant surprise to find out it was Mark. He was so much thinner and his style of speaking was so much better, that I wasn't sure it was the same guy for a couple of minutes. That video had a link to this site--so I guess I lucked upon this new site within days of its launch. I grew up in northern panhandle of West Virginia, not too far from Pittsburg, Pa. I migrated to Houston, Texas in 1976 and still live here with my tuxedo cat named Snowshoe (He found me when he was a kitten and decided I was worth keeping). I'm pushin' 60 years old. I'm pondering a move to Mexico sometime soon--not sure yet--major decision/big commitment. I'm looking for something creative to do with the rest of my life that requires less of my back and more of the brain I still have left ;-) I look forward to learning and sharing with ya'll.

Charley
[Deleted User]Vangie

Comments

• I was impressed with what he had to say in spite of his rambling style of speaking. Anyway, I was eager to learn more about him and what he has to teach about painting, so I repeatedly typed his name or related tags into Google or YouTube in search for something new or previously overlooked. Less than a week ago, I noticed a suggested video on the side bar of YouTube that I hadn't seen before--it was a pleasant surprise to find out it was Mark. He was so much thinner and his style of speaking was so much better, that I wasn't sure it was the same guy for a couple of minutes.

You have no idea how hard I laughed at this! I think Liz is right about needing some smilies in here… I'll get on that tomorrow.
    KayeVangie
  • It's great to meet you!
  • LOL...soooo glad I asked to know more about you! Now I get smilies!
    CharleyBoy
  • Hey there Charleyboy... hold on to your seat ... your in for the ride of your life.. and WELCOME!!! Shirley S
  • AmritAmrit -
    edited October 2012
    That is a classic line - one we won't forget for a while. Mark, you have a new title, "Mark the former rambler".
    Loool.

Charleyboy, I'm thinking you have a wider talent. You should write a book. You have a natural sense with words and I can almost hear you as I read.

I was impressed with what he had to say in spite of his rambling style of speaking.

Vangie
  • Thank ya'll for the welcomes and sweet comments.
  • CharleyBoy ! Great to read about you ! How about we seesome of your paintings , yes !!
    I feel the same way..Lucky to find Mark here - as Liz and another member posted this site on the other forum...Even if I do not become a fantastic painter, at least I will follow Mark along to a promising Land of Beautiful paintings :-) , along with the lovely fellow Carderites !
    Vangie
  • Hi bhopali,

Thanks for the sweet message. I just ordered materials and have many things yet to make and do before I'm ready to paint. The decision about what room in my house to use as a studio is still pending as well. Lighting, easel, palette, etc.--lots of decisions and preparations ahead. I'm doing what I can, when I can--in the meanwhile, I'll be glad to see some of Mark's upcoming videos to help me along. "Carderite"--sounds like a rare mineral, kinda like kryptonite!!!
    Vangie
  • tjstjs -
    edited October 2012

"Carderite"--sounds like a rare mineral, kinda like kryptonite!!!

:)) Good one. It's great to meet another Carderite!
  • You are just so funny, CharleyBoy! :)) :)) :)) :))
    I had such a good laugh... LOL...
    And some of the responses are just as hilarious...
    Hahahahahaha
    I needed that...
    :)) :)) :)) :))