Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Water Base Oils and Geneva Paints

Sometimes I use the water base oils. Should I use Lind see oil and/or Stand oil with this medium?

I also use Geneva paints and I really love these paints however, I get more on me than on the canvas, ha. My problem, I need to learn to use them, ha. The one problem is that the paint takes a really long time to dry. Is there anything I can add to expedite the drying process? I am starting a large painting (30x48) this is large for me and I am concerned about the drying time for the Geneva paints. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, Chuck

Comments

• @Kingston What do you mean "slightly improved 2 weeks"? Without Liquin the current Geneva paint dries in 5-7 days (and the first batches we made were 7-10 days) at normal room temperatures. How cold is your studio?
  • Sometimes I use the water base oils. Should I use Lind see oil and/or Stand oil with this medium?

I also use Geneva paints and I really love these paints however, I get more on me than on the canvas, ha. My problem, I need to learn to use them, ha. The one problem is that the paint takes a really long time to dry. Is there anything I can add to expedite the drying process? I am starting a large painting (30x48) this is large for me and I am concerned about the drying time for the Geneva paints. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, Chuck

As Kinston mentioned, Liquin my help speed up drying time.

Not sure about mediums for water based oils.

ChuckAkers
  • Hmmm… all of our test swatches dry in about 5 to 7 days at typical room temperature on the canvas (not the palette, where thick piles of paint may take much longer to dry).

Looking forward to the wild apple paintings. Your last apple painting was fantastic!