Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Medium for Geneva paint

I'm using your Geneva oil paint and like it. Question I have is what medium to add when the paint thickens and doesn't flow as well with the brush. Also the consistency of my 6 paints hasn't been equal. The red and burnt umber are very thick and the blue and white very thin. Next batch different I hope.

Comments

• Mark_CarderMark_Carder admin
    edited October 2015
    Glad you like the paint :)

Regarding the different consistencies, we had a couple of batches several months ago where the consistency was different in some of the colors. If you add some refined linseed oil to burnt umber and red it will thin them up just fine. Just add it to the paint a few drops at a time so you don't overshoot.

Keep in mind that different pigments will have different working properties and so some variation is to be expected. This is just the nature of any oil paint with high pigment load and no extenders.
    marieb
  • Thanks for the explanation. I do understand the difference between the pigment characteristics,so adding my linseed oil levels should thin the thicker pigments.