Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Sound Missing on Still Life Download?

Somewhere around 2+ hours, the sound stops on the Still Life HD mp3 download. Mark is talking off and on and then again in the last few minutes. Is that the way it's supposed to be or is something wrong with my download?

Comments

• It's fine, I had asked the same question, and David assured me.
    There are long periods where Mark is only painting with no dialogue.
    JunebugMark_Carder
  • I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about it. Sorry if posted again.
  • @Junebug‌ That is the way it is supposed to be.
    Sorry if my initial response was unclear.
    There is nothing wrong with your video.
  • I have the same problem with Portrait painting download. There are many times when Mark is doing significant things and an explanation would be helpful.
  • I think he explains everything in the earlier part of the video(s). Watching him paint in real time is a rare treasure. It's one thing to talk about doing something, but an entirely different thing to actually do it. Many videos talk about what to do, but then time lapse through what they're actually doing (not just art videos, all kinds of instructional video). For me, I prefer watching in real time what an expert is really doing. It's a great way to learn.
    Castillo
  • Future videos will have commentary spread more evenly across the video. Mark had good intentions bunching the commentary at the beginning and end the way he did, but in hindsight it wasn't the best approach.

Speaking of future videos, we have a good one coming out (in May, I think). ;)
    Castillo
  • I think maybe a good approach would be some background sound, whether music or birds chirping etc. where there is no dialog.
    That way it won't feel like the audio is broken.
    Or perhaps a mic up the canvas, so we can hear the brush strokes a la Bob Ross.
  • he actually explains everything in the free videos, I believe in the beginning of one of the From Start to Finish videos he actually says that he won't be explaining the whole time
  • johnw said:

I think maybe a good approach would be some background sound, whether music or birds chirping etc. where there is no dialog.

I love that there's no background music, this way I can be listening to some J.S. Bach, Metallica, Daft Punk or whatever I'm in the mood for as I watch and re-watch the videos.

At the moment I'm actually watching the "Painting Portraits" video as I listen to The Platters in the background.
    johnw
  • I like to listen to my Chill/Downtempo station on Pandora to get me in that place :), that and an instrumental one
  • Having the Audio just cut off a 3rd through the very last part (part 3) was not intentional. It is very clear that something happened in error and we don get to hear him speak at all the rest of the video. This video should be 1/2 off since we got ripped off!!! I'm reporting this!!
  • boop1 said:
    Having the Audio just cut off a 3rd through the very last part (part 3) was not intentional. It is very clear that something happened in error and we don get to hear him speak at all the rest of the video. This video should be 1/2 off since we got ripped off!!! I'm reporting this!!
    I'm so sorry you aren't happy with your video! We certainly didn't mean to mislead anyone. I'll send you a private message now so we can work this out!
  • Thank you, I just responded to your message.
  • Just to be clear for people interested in purchasing the video, the video comes in 3 parts (all included in the purchase) and is over 4 hours long. The first two parts contain audio commentary throughout, while the third part contains audio only for the first 40 minutes. Here is the description from Vimeo for Part 3:

"2 hours and 22 minutes of step-by-step painting footage, using the finished drawing from Part 1 and the palette of colors from Part 2. All commentary is in the first 40 minutes of the video, followed by the entire painting process without additional audio."

Here is a direct link to the Part 3 description: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/realism/104231441

Hope this clears up some of the confusion!
    Summer
  • edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.