Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

for those of you who use Google+

[Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
There is a new community on painting realism: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101983308924158687049

Hopefully this community will connect more artists with an interest in realism to share their work, thoughts, and techniques.

When you create a new post there, there is a drop down menu in the post dialogue which says "General Discussion" by default. If you want to introduce yourself, just click it and choose "Introduce Yourself" before submitting your post.
VangieAllenvalentinLucieLeana_de_Villierscynthiagwilsontjsstudioania

Comments

• Thank you David for sharing the site :-) !
  • I joined. But I am terrible at the social media thing. I will do my best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
    edited December 2012
    @tjs Don't feel obligated, I was just mentioning it for people who would like to participate. But thanks for posting your latest portrait there!

We hope to do something interesting with the community soon, like weekly video hangouts or something like that.
  • That is great! I need direction or I get too scattered with all these social media places. I try twitter but I honestly don't get the point of it. Then facebook - nightmare. I do enjoy them so I think sticking with this forum and your google+ is the best way to go.

Thanks for all you guys do. I do have tendency to get lost in cyber space. I need direction!
  • I had a quick look at at the Kassan's video. Good exercise to understand how mix colors. Sargent is a great painter, but I think mixing colors from a good reference photo or reality rather than from a painting facilitates the naturalistic approach ... at the end we are all with Mark... paint what you see!
    Ciao
    Maria