Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

I like boats

Here is my latest Carder workflow painting. I did use a broader palette. Using a more full palette is one of my goals. I've always used a pretty starved earth tone palette in my watercolors. I did start on a color ground. Acrylic Gesso tinted with Burnt Umber Acrylic. I use Artisan WSO oils. I drew from my photo using proportional dividers with a pastel pencil. Pretty simple. The drawing was fast. The painting not so much. I tried a couple of aerial perspective approaches and settled on this simple paint stroke thing. I took the photo a few years ago at my sister's place in Maine. I waited and crawled into an anchored boat to get this shot. I simplified it a bit but the composition is good. I forced it into a 2 square size. It's 20" x 10" on a Utretch linen canvas.
rgrLizONealtjsMarcusMartin_J_CraneCin_DebsdencalMark_CarderjcdrRonnaopnwyderedwardcynthiagwilsonIllagomycAmritvalentinMerrittandreKwerbyAshwinibilljMelissamariebmavis_swtCastillo[Deleted User]RonIwillpaintSusieQphoria01hda[Deleted User]JaromirrautchetanFlattyJanellWIKENCMDRosannedavelanderBOB73melTsandwich

Comments