Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Hi! Newbie from Arizona.

I've just received my Geneva paints today!

I've been painting for about 10 years... it sounds like a lot but I am 100% self taught. Well, I guess that and youtube... I watch videos and paint then I watch more videos and paint... so needless to say, having ZERO formal art training, I'm feeling out of my league but I'm going to give it my best effort.

When I didn't know all of "the rules" I felt I was doing well. I sold some paintings. I felt free and just painted what felt good. Now I want to get serious and realize I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. Hahaha I think the more I learn about the "should and Should not's"  the worse I paint, but I still love creating something out of nothing.

I've been using another best quality brand of paint and after opening the Geneva colors and testing them out a bit today it's like using a whole new medium. Did you feel the same way? I'm sure that when I adjust to the new paint it will be amazing. The intensity of the pigment..whoa! I kept trying to figure out how to tone it down, mud it up...

So anyway, this is going to be an epic journey. Patience, patience, patience..ugh. Thanks for having me!

MichaelDLeo2015

Comments