Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Received my Geneva paints

24x24 oil on canvas -Aviles Street St Augustine
dencalJuliannatassieguyPaulBMichaelDEliza

Comments

• This was an enjoyable experience being able to work wet
    on wet for several days
  • When it is dry
    i plan on putting one or two pedestrians in the distance
  • I agree - having paints wet on the palette for up to a week or even longer is amazing.

I recently switched to lead white (Rublev) and that stuff comes out of the tube so sticky and thick and seems to dry almost instantly compared to what I'm used to with Geneva.
  • @rayart are you in St. Augustine?  We have a place in Ponte Vedra Beach - I got married at the chapel of "Our Lady of le Leche" in St. Augustine - Do you live there?  I may have missed your introduction post? but your street scene is spot on! 
  • Please post a bit on the "Introduce Yourself" tab so we can give you a proper "welcome" - do you live in St. Augustine?  Cutter and Cutter gallery there has had an awesome OPA exhibit - I am so sorry I am not in town to see it - I hope you were able to make it there.
  • CJD said:
    I agree - having paints wet on the palette for up to a week or even longer is amazing.

I recently switched to lead white (Rublev) and that stuff comes out of the tube so sticky and thick and seems to dry almost instantly compared to what I'm used to with Geneva.
    Agree completely, I’m always a bit shocked when I go back to my palette the next day after using lead white and it’s dry. Nothing beats it though for the subtlety especially when painting white petals and all the lovely shades and colours.
    Julianna
  • CJDCJD -
    edited March 21
    @Boudicca Subtlety in lead white that you can't get from titanium? Interesting.. I hadn't heard that before. Can you explain a bit further what the cause of that would be?
  • I use a Michael Harding stack lead white sometimes. It’s a slightly warmer white than TW, has a much weaker tinting strength and is less opaque than TW.