Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

WIP landscape/home

A0 piece.

Still working on the forms.
This is a commissioned project I'm working on with a friend.
He was working on the stairs on the right and the lines are not even straight...  :s :'(
Long way touching up.. bottom black line is just going to add in a lake.

This is meant to be a lake-house but they couldn't capture in photo. Yup.

I feel stressed.

And if you see circles in pencil marking.. we were working on a "recycled" canvas.. 

:s 

DiannajefftassieguymahdidencalSummerJuliannamanitouArtGal

Comments

• What? No pool? Great architectural rendering. I think the bottom of the patio house roof could be more elliptical? 
    mavis_swt
  • BOB73 said:
    What? No pool? Great architectural rendering. I think the bottom of the patio house roof could be more elliptical? 
    I don’t remember the owner mentioning any pools hahaha.. it’s just his investment property so I don’t think there is anybody staying there most of the time... maybe just one of his Daughter studying in the UK.

yeah are you referring the the semicircle entrance? It’s a bit off.. thanks for highlighting  :)
  • Actually I was referring to the conical roof on the structure to the left..
    mavis_swt
  • edited March 17
    @BOB73 I see. yeah that one will have to just adjust the white lines. :) I’m cleaning up the overalls now before going back into the details. Re-did the flooring colours first because I thought there was too much reds.. this outdoor sofa is about done.

BOB73
  • Using my big old T-Square to check all the lines.

A lot of it is off so I’m back to “Draw”.. before I mix and paint :)

Julianna
  • "T" square isn't always the best option. It depends on your perspective. Check angles with a divider. But you're right to compare with a square.
    jeffmavis_swt
  • Measuring devices are wonderful tools.
    mavis_swt
  • Does the perspective need to be fixed on the lawn?  It looks to me like the painting has the house at the edge of a steep hill, but the photo looks like it's a flat lawn with mowing strips...
    mavis_swt
  • edited March 18
    BOB73 said:
    "T" square isn't always the best option. It depends on your perspective. Check angles with a divider. But you're right to compare with a square.
    Mmmm..
    don’t have a divider on hand.. I’m using my old compass and using my big 60degrees Set Square. I think with the compass and T Square it’s easier to get the 90degrees from the edges that way using the compass on top of it gives more accuracy and guide.

I just have to remember where I set my reference point to measure. I think this discussion has given me more ideas to how to accurately finish this with the tools I have on hand. 

Appreciate the tips and advice 👏🏻👌🏻

I’m using my set square to guide my brush because I’m not cut out for drawing straight lines and my “trees” are partly wet with oils. I pivot it on the painting so that I don’t touch any paint with my hands.

• edited March 18
    manitou said:
    Does the perspective need to be fixed on the lawn?  It looks to me like the painting has the house at the edge of a steep hill, but the photo looks like it's a flat lawn with mowing strips...
    Yeah it is! great observations. It is on a hill but I’m just gonna follow the reference as it is.. just have to add a lake at the bottom corner. As of now I have not touch the lawn was just doing a base coat of bright greens. Right now my main focus is still completing the house. 😬
    manitou
  • edited March 18

I’m using a A3 size print for my reference painting on A0. So according to google it’s about a 283% difference. So let’s say it’s a 1cm measurement on the reference photo, I’d have to paint 2.83cm.

Jotting this down for my own reference and just sharing. :)

I haven’t been painting for a long time so this really refresh some of my memories of architecture drawings.
    dencal

• Marking how far off it is in white chalk pencil.
  • No idea if anyone could see if I progress... I could only do very little Everyday.. 😭
    dencalPaulBtassieguy
  • mavis_swt

Looking great.

Denis

mavis_swt
  • dencal said:
    mavis_swt

Looking great.

Denis

Dencal! Good to see a familiar face/name around 😍 I rushed out some parts to show the client grass is rushed will work on the bricks a bit more😥..

• This is coming together nicely, @mavis_swt:)
    mavis_swt
  • tassieguy said:
    This is coming together nicely, @mavis_swt:)
    Yeah but such a nightmare to start off the painting with someone else. And have different working style I spent so much time “fixing”. Next painting I’m gonna follow the draw mix paint painting method.