Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Comments

• dencaldencal -
    edited March 5
    xzen

In art there are no mistakes. Just different ways of doing things that may or may not correspond with a method.
    Could you tell us what size, medium and support is used?

Nice work. A little too intense in color, but this would look wonderful on a chocolate box or biscuit tin.

Leaves over the arches are at some distance from my viewpoint. The leaf size sugggests I am much closer. Scale the size, texture and color of objects according to distance. More work involved but the effort pays dividends.

Overall the vegetation and the one point perspective is good. The pathway is a great opportunity to enhance the perspective effect, using texture, dappled light and shade. The brightness of the path bleaches out all the interesting details. The stone seat on the left has edge lines off the vanishing point, that is why it appears to lift in the air at the far end.

Denis

• Lovely flowers, @xzen. Just one thing that might improve the painting woukd be to make the left side of the arch more solid - especially at it's base where it seems to disappear. I really like the stonework of the path   :)
  • with all the flowers, this one looks quite time consuming, but with a happy result.
  • the shadows on the left suggest it is a wall that is the same color as the sky. that makes it look surreal. The masonry and flowers are all good.
  • dencal said:
    xzen

In art there are no mistakes. Just different ways of doing things that may or may not correspond with a method.
    Could you tell us what size, medium and support is used?

Nice work. A little too intense in color, but this would look wonderful on a chocolate box or biscuit tin.

Leaves over the arches are at some distance from my viewpoint. The leaf size sugggests I am much closer. Scale the size, texture and color of objects according to distance. More work involved but the effort pays dividends.

Overall the vegetation and the one point perspective is good. The pathway is a great opportunity to enhance the perspective effect, using texture, dappled light and shade. The brightness of the path bleaches out all the interesting details. The stone seat on the left has edge lines off the vanishing point, that is why it appears to lift in the air at the far end.

Denis

thank you so much. your comments have been invaluable to me :)

• tassieguy said:
    Lovely flowers, @xzen. Just one thing that might improve the painting woukd be to make the left side of the arch more solid - especially at it's base where it seems to disappear. I really like the stonework of the path   :)
    thank you so much :)

• anwesha said:
    with all the flowers, this one looks quite time consuming, but with a happy result.
    Thank you so much. yes time consuming but I love painting. I need to improve myself

• BOB73 said:
    the shadows on the left suggest it is a wall that is the same color as the sky. that makes it look surreal. The masonry and flowers are all good.
    thank you so much BOB73 :)