Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

General Pencil Flat Sketching Pencil - 2B,4B,6B

These pencils are just the thing that I wanted for my small sketchbooks. I chose one pencil as an all purpose one out of 2B,4B,6B. I thought 4B is a good option rather than a 6B (too dark). I don't want 2B for sure as it's not enough dark. May be useful to others and perhaps better than carpenter's pencil. Covers area quickly.

Image result for General Pencil Flat Sketching 6B Pencil Graphite Black

Comments

• These are great pencils, I use them. Great for filling in broad areas quickly, hatching techniques and all. It's an art in itself to shave or carve the lead. It's the next best thing to a paintbrush, it's just as versatile. The 2B is for starting out lightly, and for more delicate subtleties. 4B is great for most everything, 6B for contrasts, darkest darks. I believe that ordinary carpenters pencil is HB, or a B.
    Kaustav
  • Thanks @Forgiveness I'm going on a trip to historic Gwalior. This time I'll just take my small sketchbook, a cutter and this pencil. Will take lots of photos of the grand old fort for sure.
    Forgiveness
  • Gwalior is famous for the fort, air pollution and Poha-Jalebi for breakfast.  Poha-Jalebi sounds like they are asking you to bring your pochade box.
    Kaustav
  • BOB73 said:
    Gwalior is famous for the fort, air pollution and Poha-Jalebi for breakfast.  Poha-Jalebi sounds like they are asking you to bring your pochade box.
    Hmm...I didn't know about Poha-Jalebi! Need to try that. I had Poha and Jalebi separately but not together! :p Why shouldn't I make a series on food paintings? I'm an artistic foodie you know!
    BOB73